You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-11 21:35:58

eXeC
Website

imv - Image viewer for tiling window managers

Hello, all.

Today I released version 1.0.0 of my pet project, imv.

imv is a lightweight image viewer intended to be used with tiling window managers.
It has support for over 30 different image formats including PSDs and animated gifs, as well as supporting Wayland.

It's intended as an alternative to feh that can show animated gifs and runs natively on Wayland.

Please try it out, and let me know what you think.

AUR link for the lazy busy: https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/imv/

#2 2015-11-11 23:30:06

esa
Website

Re: imv - Image viewer for tiling window managers

Build requires:

pacman -S freeimage sdl2 

Me having issues to open images, though, helpscreen works good tongue

0 /home/sea/.backgrounds # LC_ALL=C imv *
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
Gleitkomma-Ausnahme (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

136 /home/sea/.backgrounds # LC_ALL=C pacman -S nvidia-libgl
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: nvidia-libgl and nvidia-340xx-libgl are in conflict (libgl). Remove nvidia-340xx-libgl? [y/N] y

Packages (2) nvidia-340xx-libgl-340.93-1 [removal]  nvidia-libgl-355.11-1

Total Download Size:   0.00 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.00 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages ...
 nvidia-libgl-355.11-1-x86_64                 1360.0   B  0.00B/s 00:00 [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                          [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                        [########################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                             [########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                       [########################################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                                     [########################################] 100%
(1/1) removing nvidia-340xx-libgl                                       [########################################] 100%
(1/1) installing nvidia-libgl                                           [########################################] 100%

0 /home/sea/.backgrounds # LC_ALL=C imv *
Gleitkomma-Ausnahme (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
136 /home/sea/.backgrounds # 

"Gleitkomma-Ausnahme (Speicherabzug geschrieben)" = Floatingpoint exception, (~written dump~).
Not sure why this remained german...

Now, eventhough i consider myself a semi-advanced scripter, me have no experience with graphic issues.
But at least this might help you to improve it, so i hope.

Cheerio and thanks for sharing! smile

EDIT:
'Diashow' and 'set wallpaper' (thats what i use feh for) would be great.

Last edited by esa (2015-11-11 23:35:24)

Author of: TUI (Text User Interface for scripts), VHS (Video Handler Script, using ffmpeg) and YASSI (Yet Another Simple Script Installer)

#3 2015-11-12 15:20:18

eXeC
Website

That's a strange issue. It looks like it may be an issue with SDL2 itself unfortunately, as imv itself doesn't talk to any low level graphics APIs or X server. What kind of hardware are you running it on, out of curiosity?

#4 2015-11-13 04:04:00

esa
Website

Sorry, today i've headed installing steam and wine, figured i have general graphic issues atm, and imv wasnt the cause, just the first to let me know/occour.

Author of: TUI (Text User Interface for scripts), VHS (Video Handler Script, using ffmpeg) and YASSI (Yet Another Simple Script Installer)

#5 2015-11-13 08:29:47

eXeC
Website

The source of the bug seems to have been found. It appears SDL was reverting to using a software renderer instead of hardware accelerated renderer (i.e. using the CPU not the GPU), which gave some unexpected values resulting in the divide by zero. The git repository includes a fix for this.

Board footer