You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-15 13:43:18

jhdjks

Failure while downloading freenet

Everything works until I start downloading "bcprov-jdk15on-152.jar". I get "Warning: Transient problem: HTTP error", after which it retries three times before aborting. I take this to mean that the place from which it's trying to download this file is down.

I found the file "bcprov  1.52-1" (I'm not entirely sure that this is the file needed...) in the other repo and installed it. When I then restart building freenet, it fails again in the same spot. Do I have to tell yaourt to skip this file? If so, how do I do it?

Thank you :-)

Last edited by jhdjks (2015-11-15 13:43:49)

#2 2015-11-15 13:58:27

respiranto
Website

Re: Failure while downloading freenet

Assuming you are new to Arch, welcome!
First of all, I don't recommend using a AUR-helper like yaourt in the beginning, since it hides much of the process of installing a package, which you thereby do not understand nor control.

So what I would recommend is to find the sources somewhere else, download the PKGBUILD from the AUR and change the source array appropriately. Then use makepkg and pacman to build and install the package and, if it works, write a comment on the packages AUR-page including your source array.

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … Repository if you are new to makepkg and the AUR.

Board footer