You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-15 16:57:09

Omar007

Gnome won't put fullscreen games in WINE on the primary monitor

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct sub-forum for this but from what I'm able to determine so far this seems to be a problem caused by Gnome so here goes.

For reference, my screen setup is as follow:
[1][2][3]
Where [2] is my primary. All screens run on the same resolution.

When running a game in WINE and having the game run in fullscreen mode, Gnome always makes the game fullscreen on the first monitor. When I attempt to move it to the primary monitor I'm unable to do so.
It skips the primary monitor when I move it to the right or left (so it jumps from 1 to 3 or from 3 to 1, always skipping 2). WINE is configured to allow the WM to handle the windows, otherwise I can't seem to move it at all.

I've tried to use the WINE virtual desktop option as well. I have no problem putting the virtual desktop in fullscreen mode (wmctrl -b add,fullscreen) on the primary monitor, however using the virtual desktop results in the game running at <1 FPS.

While changing my primary monitor from 2 to 1 or 3 allows me to run the game on monitor 2, it just moves the problem to the other screen.
Since the only difference between a primary monitor and a secondary monitor seems to be the presence of Gnome's top panel, I'm thinking the presence of the panel is the problem for some odd reason.

Has anyone experienced something similar or does anyone know of a solution?

Last edited by Omar007 (2015-11-15 16:58:40)

#2 2016-09-03 18:20:23

guerch

Re: Gnome won't put fullscreen games in WINE on the primary monitor

I have the same issue, did you found a fix for it?

#3 2016-09-05 10:28:35

Omar007

Sadly I have not. Last time I tried, it still put things on the wrong monitor.
In addition I also experienced problems when a game attempted to set a full-screen resolution other than the active desktop resolution so it may be that the WINE integration is just a bit broken.

I'll probably test things out again next weekend to see if things have changed with the last few updates.

#4 2016-09-27 16:55:00

Limero

I have the same problem. Does anyone know if this is an Arch Linux specific issue or if it's a bug that should be reported to Gnome?

Board footer