You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-04 20:36:21

pghpete

Canon imageClass LBP6030w [Solved]

It took a bit of fiddling but I finally got my Canon imageClass LBP6030w (Black and white laser with wifi) printer working and hadn't seen anything online on how to do it so I figured I'd post it here.  After trying the tgz file provided by Canon's website (their script to build and trying compiling their source code) and having no luck I came across a way to get the printer functional.  This printer is not a postscript capable and uses UFR II LT as it's printer language which complicated things a bit until I found out that the steps below work.

Unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to get the Wifi settings applied to the printer without the Canon CD, USB cable, and a windows box (or vm). If I get that figured out i will edit this post to include those steps.

Install the following: (and allow any dependencies that come along with them)

EXTRA: cups >= 2.1.0-1
AUR: cndrvcups-common-lb >= 3.10-1
AUR: cndrvcups-lb >= 3.00-1

Ensure cups is enabled/running after installation...

sudo systemctl status org.cups.cupsd

Within the cups printer settings gui:

1. Select Add > Network Printer

2. After a few seconds you should see 2 Canon lines... select the following...
    "Canon LBP630/6040/6018L (IP-ADDR-OF-PRINTER)" this will have "AppSocket/HP JetDirect line highlighted and use IP and PORT 9100

3. Click Forward

4. Select Canon

5. Click Forward

6. Select "LC600 UFRII LT" as the printer

A print test page should work but some functions like ink/toner levels, etc will not.  So far the printer works for me in all apps I have tested.  Considering I picked up this printer as a newegg/referb cyber Monday(week long sale) for < $20 I'm very happy I got it to function.

Last edited by pghpete (2015-12-04 20:44:10)

#2 2015-12-05 06:16:05

pypi
Wiki Maintainer

Re: Canon imageClass LBP6030w [Solved]

Have you considered adding this to the wiki? It might help people find this...

Board footer