You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-05 18:35:43

V01D

build system for set of packages offered in own repository [ROS]

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any tool which can be used to build all packages in a given directory (considering they are interdependant) for the purpose of having a local repository of a set of packages. In particular, I would like to do this for having pre-built ROS packages, and hopefully for both x86_64 and ARM architectures. The process of keeping up to date with ROS packages from AUR can be quite tedious. One reason is the compile time which I would like to avoid (specially bothersome on embedded ARM devices). Another reason is that sometimes some system package (most of the time, boost) is upgraded and all packages have to be recompiled. There's is no easy way to find the packages that have to be rebuilt (it requires some scripting), which again is annoying.

The ideal solution for me would be to have a server which pulls ROS PKGBUILDs (or generates them, using the available scripts for that purpose) from AUR and keeps built versions. I'm looking into using docker for this. However, I have a more basic problem which is how to deal with building several interdependent packages automatically. I would need something that invokes makepkg in the correct order considering dependencies. Is there something like that available?

I know about ABS but this is only for pulling the PKGBUILDs I believe, not for building them. On the wiki it seems that the idea is to either build packages individually manually or some other form of build system is assumed.

Maybe this is also interesting to other ROS users in archlinux. It would be nice to have a repository with pre-build ROS packages such as in Ubuntu.

#2 2015-12-05 22:12:02

dice

Re: build system for set of packages offered in own repository [ROS]

afaik yaourt, pacaur, and maybe other aur helpers have functionality to fetch and build dependency from aur before installing the 'final' package which depends on them.
It might not be exactly what you want but maybe you could have a look at how they do it and adapt it to your situation.

I put at button on it. Yes. I wish to press it, but I'm not sure what will happen if I do.  (Gune | Titan A.E.)

Board footer