You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-13 22:19:36

likeahundredninjas
Banned

scripting help for lemonbar

hi. i'm returning to linux after a while, and i have to reconfigure everything. so i've got bspwm here and i'm working on lemonbar, trying to make my script work. the only error when i try to run it is "/home/satan/etc/lemonbar/panel_bar:35: parse error near `}'" so i think i'm getting close but i kinda' hit a roadblock. if anyone can see what i did wrong, please let me know.

#!/usr/bin/zsh

source $HOME/etc/lemonbar/config

while read -r line {
  case $line {
    S*)
      panel_status="%{F$panel_c7}${line#?}%{F-}"
      ;;
    T*)
      panel_title="%{F$panel_c7}${line#?}%{F-}"
      ;;
    W*)
      panel_info=''
      panel_data=${=line}
      for i in ${panel_data}; {
        case ${panel_data[$i]} {
          [OFU]*)
            panel_info="$panel_info%{F$panel_c2} •%{F-}"
            ;;
          o*)
            panel_info="$panel_info%{F$panel_fg} •%{F-}"
            ;;
          f*)
            panel_info="$panel_info%{F$panel_c8} •%{F-}"
            ;;
          u*)
            panel_info="$panel_info%{F$panel_c3} •%{F-}"
            ;;
        }   
      } 
      ;;
  }   
} 

print "%{l}$panel_title%{c}$panel_info%{r}$panel_status"

#2 2015-12-13 23:09:32

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: scripting help for lemonbar

Admittedly, I don't use zsh, but I never thought it used curly braces like that.  I've check some documentation and tutorials, and I don't see any examples like that.

EDIT: sorry for the noise - I did just find some documentation for that under "alternative loop syntax".

EDIT 2: I may actually be on to something. see section 3.20 the test must be clearly delimited, yours is not on the outer while loop.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2015-12-13 23:32:42

likeahundredninjas
Banned

Re: scripting help for lemonbar

hi. thanks for your reply. i changed that bit to "while [[ $( read -r line ) -le 0 ]] {" and that fixed up my error. now i have to figure out what my next problem is.

edit: okay, i think i'm almost there. the problem now *i think* is that i'm testing `read -r line' in a subshell, so it's not really reading the lines as they come in. anyone have any clue how to fix this?

another edit/update: i thought maybe that if i assigned the results of $( read -r line ) to a variable and used that instead of $line i'd have better results, but i'm having no luck.

yet another edit: i tried changing the while line to "while [[ $(( read -r line ) 2>&1 ) -le 0 ]] {" and that didn't work either. i really thought that would do it. i changed the background of the bar to a ridiculous color so that i could see it pop up and it does. there's just no text.

Last edited by likeahundredninjas (2015-12-14 04:08:19)

Board footer