You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-05 12:57:21

pieterv

Digikam and database settings

Hello,

In Arch I'm only seeing sqlite under settings > configure digikam > database

According to the official website, digikam should support different database backends:

"By default, digiKam uses SQLite as its back-end for storing important metadata and thumbnails. But the photo management application also provides support for the popular MySQL database engine, and it comes with a database migration tool that can help you to move your data from SQLite to MySQL" (https://www.digikam.org/node/541)

I'm also running Digikam 4.14 on a gentoo box, and there I have the mysql option

Could it be that extra/digikam 4.14.0-4 currently doesn't have the mysql database settings compiled in?

digikam-git from AUR does show the necessary settings.

Am I the only having this issue?

#2 2016-01-05 14:03:46

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Digikam and database settings

You can simply compare the PKGBUILDs, you will notice that the git package in AUR specifically enables mysql support and has a mariadb provider as a makedep, whereas the official package doesn't. If this doesn't break the standard case of working without mariadb explicitly installed, you might have a case for a bugreport on the package on bugs.archlinux.org in which you can ask for the missing flags to be amended.

#3 2016-01-06 09:22:10

pieterv

Re: Digikam and database settings

Thank you for your reply.

This clears up the issue for me.

Board footer