You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-05 16:09:49

madmaurice

linux 4.3.3-2: Hard drive doesn't respond after sleep

So when running my system on the new 4.3.3 kernel the following problem occurs:

After i close my laptop's lid it goes to sleep (as intended). When I wake it up again after for example an hour I unlock it (i3lock) and get to my desktop with some programs still open. some of them like terminal still work, others like firefox might hang. sxhkd responds to key commands like switching desktop etc. etc.

Now here is the strange part:
I can use ls in my home directory, but not in / (it just hangs and outputs nothing). some tools like df and ls still work because they are frequently used, others like mount or ncmpcpp or systemctl don't do anything (my idea is that they're not cached in the RAM anymore).

Usually I can only restart the whole thing by using Alt + Print + REISUB, because the login on the other ttys just let me input my username and then don't display the password prompt. systemctl poweroff or reboot don't work because systemctl is not cached anymore.

Journalctl output (cropped): http://sprunge.us/BbdR

#2 2016-01-11 14:48:41

madmaurice

Re: linux 4.3.3-2: Hard drive doesn't respond after sleep

Does nobody have an idea? or a suggestion what i could do for further debugging?

I mean it must have anything to do with the changes from 4.2.5 to 4.3.3, because 4.2.5 works fine.

Board footer