You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-06 10:48:19

weedfreak

UDEV problem after update

I did an update of nvidia yesterday and cannot restart the box.

Grub runs up to starting version 228, then nothing. Removing the quiet option from the options reveals running hook (udev) then the boot stops on Triggering uevents...

How can I get the box to boot?

#2 2016-01-06 14:10:01

weedfreak

Re: UDEV problem after update

I checked further with a live cd and found the new initramfs-linux.img was only 3.5Mb, the old one was 17.7 but I could not boot it from grub so I renamed them then booted ok.

Could there be a problem with the newest nividia version? Or am I just lucky enough to corrupt the file while upgrading.

Pacman seems to think my system is up to date so I assume I will need to force an nvidia update tp get back into line.

#3 2016-01-06 15:08:42

alphaniner

Re: UDEV problem after update

When you say "the old one" do you mean the fallback? If so, that's not "old" it's just not parsed down by autodetection (which is why it's so much bigger). If you can boot with that one but not the standard, it means autodetect didn't catch something necessary.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer