You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-11 17:02:47

rlovelett

Makepkg fails while manual succeeds

I'm trying to make a package (PKGBUILD) of something I've (successfully) been building from source. Unfortunately when I run the commands manually the build succeeds but when I run the same commands inside of package build it fails to link. This leads me to believe there is a fundamental difference between the makepkg build and my manual build that I am obviously not understanding.

I've searched for a few days, to no-avail, to determine what could be different between the manual and makpkg build. As a "newbie" to Arch and making my own packages this seems like the right place to post but I'll be happy to re-post/move the thread elsewhere if this is the wrong place.

#2 2016-01-11 17:06:48

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Makepkg fails while manual succeeds

What message do you get when the build fails? Post the PKGBUILD you have so far.

Mod note: Moving to Creating & Modifying Packages

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#3 2016-01-11 17:36:10

rlovelett

Sure. The full failing build log can be found in this Gist and the PKGBUILD (with necessary patches) can be found here.

The summary of the build failure is:

FAILED: : && /usr/bin/clang++  -fPIC -fno-stack-protector -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wcovered-switch-default -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Werror=date-time -std=c++11 -fcolor-diagnostics -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wdocumentation -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wunreachable-code -Woverloaded-virtual -O3  -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro -Wl,-z,defs   -target x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -isysroot / -lpthread -ldl -Xlinker -T -Xlinker /home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/swift-linux-x86_64/./lib/swift/linux/x86_64/swift.ld  -L/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/swift-linux-x86_64/./lib/swift/linux/x86_64 -L/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/swift-linux-x86_64/./bin/../lib/swift/linux/x86_64 -L/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/swift-linux-x86_64/./bin/../lib/swift/linux -shared -Wl,-soname,libswiftCore.so -o lib/swift/linux/x86_64/libswiftCore.so stdlib/public/core/linux/x86_64/Swift.o -L/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/llvm-linux-x86_64/lib  -L/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/build/buildbot_linux/llvm-linux-x86_64/./lib lib/swift/linux/x86_64/libswiftRuntime.a lib/swift/linux/x86_64/libswiftStdlibStubs.a -licuuc -licui18n -lbsd -Wl,-rpath,"\$ORIGIN:/usr/lib/swift/linux" && :
lib/swift/linux/x86_64/libswiftRuntime.a(Casting.cpp.o): In function `swift_getTypeName':
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/Casting.cpp:(.text.swift_getTypeName+0xd8): undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_rdlock'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/Casting.cpp:(.text.swift_getTypeName+0x15f): undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_unlock'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/Casting.cpp:(.text.swift_getTypeName+0x167): undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_wrlock'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/Casting.cpp:(.text.swift_getTypeName+0x1ef): undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_unlock'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/Casting.cpp:(.text.swift_getTypeName+0x30b): undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_unlock'
lib/swift/linux/x86_64/libswiftRuntime.a(ProtocolConformance.cpp.o): In function `_addImageProtocolConformances(dl_phdr_info*, unsigned long, void*)':
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/ProtocolConformance.cpp:(.text._ZL29_addImageProtocolConformancesP12dl_phdr_infomPv+0x1e): undefined reference to `dlopen'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/ProtocolConformance.cpp:(.text._ZL29_addImageProtocolConformancesP12dl_phdr_infomPv+0x30): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/home/jenkins/workspace/swift/src/swift/stdlib/public/runtime/ProtocolConformance.cpp:(.text._ZL29_addImageProtocolConformancesP12dl_phdr_infomPv+0x58): undefined reference to `dlclose'
clang-3.7: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

My "manual" build commands look like this:

$ makepkg --nobuild
$ cd src/swift
$ pkgver=$(git describe --long --tags | sed -r 's/swift-([0-9]+\.[0-9]+)-SNAPSHOT-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)-([a-z]+)-([0-9]+)/\1.\2\3\4\5.r\6/g;s/-/./g')
$ cd -
$ installable_package="$(readlink -f ./src/../swift-${pkgver}.tar.xz)"
$ cd src/swift
$ utils/build-script --preset=buildbot_arch_linux installable_package="${installable_package}" install_destdir=/tmp

My makpkg build commands look like this:

$ makepkg -sr --nodeps

#4 2016-01-12 14:47:12

rlovelett

I think I've found the root of the problem and it is the default LDFLAGS provided by /etc/makepkg.conf. Specifically the "-Wl,-01,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro". I think the as needed part is causing somethings not to link appropriately. This is likely a bug in the compilation settings of the upstream package.

For now the work around is just to unset the default LDFLAGS.

Board footer