You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-14 17:51:10

belette

[SOLVED]cairo-dock transparent line remanence in my desktop background

Hi,

I notice that my dekstop background has an horizontal line after cairo-dock installation,
The line is almost transparent, in a top o cairo-dock all the way long (from right to left).

I confirmed and double checked that it is due to cairo as when I stop it the line disapears.
Any configuration in cairo can do that?

This is a screenshot of whats happen :
screenshot

Many thanks for your help

Last edited by belette (2016-01-14 20:44:07)

#2 2016-01-14 18:39:13

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED]cairo-dock transparent line remanence in my desktop background

I don't know enough about cairo-dock (or your WM, which is it?) to say where to make the change, but the change you need is to prevent the WM from drawing a drop-shadow for the cairo-dock window.

Sometimes this is acheived in the WM settings, sometimes it must be assistend by setting a window type for the dock.

You could confirm my suspicion by temporarily disabling all window shadows in your compositor.  If this line goes away, we at least know the cause.  But I suspect this is just a test, not a solution, as you might want shadows for other windows.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-01-14 18:53:41

belette

thanks Trilby!!! you found it!

it is xfce and I found this option I just unticked and solve it.

goof

Apparently the good thing is there are two shadow option (one for dock one fore windows) so I just touch the dock shadow.
Perhaps something related to the fact that xfce has a native dock and puting another makes strange behavior regarding shadow?

#4 2018-05-08 01:39:49

tlcong

Hello Belette, could you please give me more detail how did you do? What option did you untick? I have the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

#5 2018-05-08 01:45:54

tlcong

Hi, I found it and solve the problem.

#6 2018-05-08 12:24:37

Annoyingduck

tlcong wrote:

Hello Belette, could you please give me more detail how did you do? What option did you untick? I have the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

For XFCE (and other users looking at this post), you do this in XFCE settings editor/XFWM/Uncheck show_dock_shadow.  Always add what you did for other users to find the answer, just writing I found it isn't helpful for those searching.

Last edited by Annoyingduck (2018-05-08 12:29:41)

Board footer