You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-15 00:02:49

Zpalmtree

Firefox-kde-opensuse fails to build

Hi, I'm having an issue with building the above package from the aur. Using either pacaur, or manually, the build fails when doing makepkg here:

Executing /home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/bin/xpcshell -g /home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/bin/ -a /home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/bin/ -f /home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/precompile_cache.js -e precompile_startupcache("resource://gre/");

(xpcshell:17378): Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.py", line 407, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.py", line 401, in main
    args.source, gre_path, base)
  File "/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.py", line 159, in precompile_cache
    errors.fatal('Error while running startup cache precompilation')
  File "/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/python/mozbuild/mozpack/errors.py", line 103, in fatal
    self._handle(self.FATAL, msg)
  File "/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/python/mozbuild/mozpack/errors.py", line 98, in _handle
    raise ErrorMessage(msg)
mozpack.errors.ErrorMessage: Error: Error while running startup cache precompilation
/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.mk:41: recipe for target 'stage-package' failed
make[5]: *** [stage-package] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/browser/installer'
/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.mk:86: recipe for target 'make-package' failed
make[4]: *** [make-package] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/browser/installer'
/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/config/rules.mk:549: recipe for target 'default' failed
make[3]: *** [default] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/browser/installer'
/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/browser/build.mk:9: recipe for target 'package' failed
make[2]: *** [package] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3/client.mk:228: recipe for target 'profiledbuild' failed
make[1]: *** [profiledbuild] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/zach/Downloads/firefox-kde-opensuse/src/firefox-43.0.3'
client.mk:171: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

There is a line in the pkgbuild which is commented out, that is

# enable _gtk3=true 

however either commented out or not, the build fails in the same place.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm not actually running kde, I am running xfce, but I was told this would still work, it will just install the dependencies required. I'm installing it to get thumbnail support in the filepicker, as the gtk patched version in the AUR results in xfdesktop not starting.

Not sure how to fix this, the error message didn't seem obvious as to how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2017-06-19 17:59:56

JonnyRobbie

Re: Firefox-kde-opensuse fails to build

The same issue. Nor pacaur nor makepkg. I've tried using makechrootpkg, but that failed on me too.

---I don't think this counts as necro as I believe nothing really changed during that time and I'd be recreating the topic almost verbatim.

#3 2017-06-19 18:25:29

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Firefox-kde-opensuse fails to build

A lot has changed during that time. We are 10 firefox versions further, the patches applied have likely changed drastically and going from the AUR page many people have managed to build it and your error is entirely different to boot.

Closed.

Last edited by V1del (2017-06-19 18:25:58)

Board footer