You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-18 07:26:19

aardwolf

Printer doesn't work

I have a Deskjet 930C USB printer. It has worked in Archlinux for over a year.

Then, it started doing useless things. These include: cutting of a part of the text on the left side, no matter what printing driver I use, no matter with what program I print something, and, printing two pages over each other (when I really put an empty sheet of paper in it first).

Now, it has entered an even worse state: it doesn't print at all anymore. If I try to print something, no matter what printer driver I select or with what program I print something, there's just a print icon from KDE in the bottom right that stays there forever.

In Windows, it can still print perfectly and without problems.

First of all, are there known recent printing problems for hp printers with one of the upgrades? And are there any known solutions?

Second, I'd like to uninstall *everything* that has to do with printing, from the most low level driver things to the most highest level printing tools. And then I want to reinstall them all again. This in the hope that it'll work properly again after that.

So, what things do I have to uninstall and reinstall for this?

EDIT: some more info: here's what hp-toolbox sais:

toolbox [ERROR]: Unable to communicate with device: hp:/usb/DeskJet_930C?serial=HU1251J15CJJ
toolbox [WARNING]: Device not found
toolbox [ERROR]: Unable to communicate with device: hp:/usb/DeskJet_930C?serial=HU1251J15CJJ
toolbox [WARNING]: Device not found

This, while the printer is plugged into USB and powered on.

#2 2006-04-18 16:44:25

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Printer doesn't work

Possible problem with the order of uevents.  Perhaps the order of usb devices which could be averted with rc.conf.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer