You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-19 10:29:00

bach

sound card state and alsa state are reversed

Hello,

I had an issue with speakers on my laptop here : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=207284

Now i understand better what is happening : when i just booted, i my sound card is hardwared muted, so i have to hit the keyboard mute/unmute key. But in the same time, alsa channels master and speaker are not muted, so while i hit that key, it is muting them ...
Then i have to launch alsamixer to unmute these channels and here my speakers are working.

Not a big issue, just redoing this three steps process after each boot
But i will be obviously more convenient to get it work properly
Is there a way to unmute the hardware by default ? or to mute alsa by default ? The idea is to get alsa and harware card synchronized.

Any idea on how i can mamange that ?

[edit] I checked in my bios settings, there is no audio card option [/edit]

Last edited by bach (2016-01-19 10:40:43)

#2 2016-01-19 15:47:01

ewaller
Administrator

Re: sound card state and alsa state are reversed

Check using alsamixer for settings such Auto-Mute Mode and try toggling them.  Be sure to select your actual sound card using F6.  On my system, alsamixer the defualt is a card called "PulseAudio" which, having but one control, is not very interesting tongue

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-01-20 22:37:58

bach

Re: sound card state and alsa state are reversed

hi ewaller,
it's unfortunatly not working, i disabled the auto-mut column, but it change nothing to my situation
thank's any way smile
other ideas ?

Board footer