You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-09 15:23:04

zerodahero

[Solved] Logitech Unifying Receiver + K750, M560: Lag, unresponsive

I've been having intermittent trouble with the Logitech Unifying Receiver. At first I thought it was just the solar part of the keyboard (that it wasn't charged or something), but after sitting it under a lamp for a couple hours, it's not the problem. I have the K750 and the M560 (mouse and wireless keyboard) both hooked up through the Unifying Receiver. I used Solaar to pair them to the same receiver. My issue is that they both lag intermittently, and sometimes (especially the keyboard) they're just completely unresponsive for up to a minute, sometimes more. As input devices, this is rather frustrating. When they work, they're both awesome, so I'd hate to leave them, but can anyone help with the responsiveness issue?

The only thing notable in the system journal was baloo trying to index the device itself (???). I've disabled baloo, but the responsiveness issues still continue.

I'd be happy to post any logs/info that would be helpful. I'm much less familiar with input devices, so other than journalctl, I have no idea where else to look for clues as to what's going on.

Thanks!

Last edited by zerodahero (2016-02-11 18:13:28)

#2 2016-02-09 19:23:18

brix

Re: [Solved] Logitech Unifying Receiver + K750, M560: Lag, unresponsive

If you have power management enabled in any way, disabling it specifically for the Logitech Unifying Receiver USB device seems to cancel any latency pm may have  introduced. (See. e.g., this thread).

Enough is more.

#3 2016-02-10 15:37:12

zerodahero

That appears to be the same, or a similar problem with unresponsiveness. I tried disabling the usb autosuspend for the unifying receiver, but I still experience the issue.

I tried the suggestion from the other post too (with echoing "on" into the power control), and that doesn't seem to do anything either. I tried it on "usb6" too, but that didn't resolve the issue, either.

Last edited by zerodahero (2016-02-10 16:08:41)

#4 2016-02-11 18:10:13

zerodahero

Ok, looks like this is actually a hardware and interference issue. After going through a bunch of the Logitech forums, it appears that the Unifying receiver doesn't have that great of a range. It seems to be around 2 feet (~60cm). After moving the receiver a little bit closer, I don't have any more issues with the responsiveness. Previously it was probably about 3 feet away, so it's bizarre that that much distance made all the difference.

Hope that helps someone else!

Board footer