You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-17 19:38:42

robg

Disable Secure Boot on ASUS UX303UA-R4005T

Background:

I have recently purchased the ASUS UX303UA-R4005T and intend to dual boot Arch Linux and the preinstalled Windows 10. I have  already installed and maintained a number of Arch installs but this is my first UEFI device. I have read:

Following the advice in the last link from the list above, I began by disabling "Fast Start-Up" and Resizing the Windows "C" partition, leaving space for Arch to be installed.  Given the guidance in the first entry, I wanted to proceed by disabling "Secure Boot".

Issue

Below are screenshots of my bios:

Overview
Menu Entry "Boot"
Menu Entry "Security"
Menu Entry "Security->Secure Boot"
Menu Entry "Security->Secure Boot->Key Management"

The issue is as follows: I am unable to toggle the option "Secure Boot Enabled". Furthermore, I was unable to find any resources on enabling secure boot for my device. Regarding Asus, several sources suggest to delete the secure boot variables, claiming that upon doing so "Secure Boot" will be set to "Disabled". In any case, I have carried out  "Save all Secure Boot Variables".

Any information on how to disable Secure Boot is greatly appreciated. In case more information is required, please let me know.

Last edited by robg (2016-02-17 19:39:28)

#2 2016-02-17 21:20:59

LithiumPT

Re: Disable Secure Boot on ASUS UX303UA-R4005T

You need to disable "Fast Boot" and probably enable "Lanch CSM" on first on the Menu Entry "Boot" screen, which will enable Compatibility Support Module (CSM).

CSM emulates a BIOS environment.

#3 2016-02-17 22:46:23

robg

Re: Disable Secure Boot on ASUS UX303UA-R4005T

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have no access to the option "CSM" either. Furthermore, according to this, I'm not sure if changing UEFI to Legacy Boot mode is safe (i.e. ...Windows forces type of partitioning depending on the firmware mode used...)

I have managed to get things working by setting "Secure Boot Control" to "Disabled" (under "Security->Secure Boot"). I won't mark this thread as solved however, as the original question still stands.

Board footer