You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-21 12:42:28

wahla

no keyboard after system upgrade

Hi Folks,
yesterday (2016-02-20) i did an system update with pacman -Syu and after that update i cannot login to my system because i have no keyboard functionality at all. Not on lxdm and not on the Console. I had to chroot and disable lxdm because on boot the system hangs in a loop "Starting lxdm" "Stopping lxdm".
I don't know if this is the right place to post my issue but i hope so :-)
Can anybody give me an hint where i can look at what went wrong? Usb Hardware is ok, i have an dual boot with windows and i write this post with the same keyboard on the same usb port. Booting from live cd an chrooting also works. My hardware is the same as before the system update.
Greetz Alex

#2 2016-02-21 17:02:27

twelveeighty

Re: no keyboard after system upgrade

Without any type of logs,  it will be hard to identify the problem. Can you ssh into the box from another machine and check the logs from there? I assume there is at least some kind of error thrown at boot? Can you capture that?

#3 2016-02-21 20:05:38

wahla

Re: no keyboard after system upgrade

The boot process looked fine, no fails after removing lm-sensors. i had no chance to get access. seems like the ethernet was also down. I did an complete reinstall, now everything seems working. To sad... but thanks for your answer!

Board footer