You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-21 21:44:33

joaompinto

What are the requirements for package to get into the repositories?

I have recently voted for a packaged to be merged into the repositores, and I just got the following answer:"

"Request #4838 has been rejected by Muflone [1]:

Not a reason to merge the package"

Where can I see which package was on this request ?
Are there of good reasons to get a package merged into the repositories ?

Thanks

#2 2016-02-21 21:56:33

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: What are the requirements for package to get into the repositories?

That's not what you requested..

Generally, AUR packages will move into the community repository if they're popular enough, and there is a TU willing to maintain it. Filing requests doesn't help.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#3 2016-02-21 22:55:03

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Merging combines 2 packages. For example, if someone creates a package on the AUR with a name that does not follow the current guidelines then the package will be re-uploaded with the correct name and the original package will be merged into it to preserve votes and comments.

One might say that a package was "migrated" from AUR to community, which may be the source of confusion, but usually we would just say "moved".

The general rule is that a package may me moved once it has 10 votes, but there are packages with hundreds of votes on the AUR. Some packages are simply not allowed in the community repo, such as fully automated AUR helpers (which would appear to provide official support for AUR), but those are rare. For all other packages, the only determining factor is whether or not a TU wants to maintain that package. A package with 10 votes may be moved immediately while one with 200 may linger on in the AUR indefinitely.

If there is a particularly popular package that you would like to see in the AUR, you could ask for a TU to move it on the aur-general mailing list but there is no obligation to do so.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#4 2016-02-24 09:41:12

joaompinto

Thanks, I am still a newbie with arch smile

Board footer