You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-24 13:55:57

sergej
Package Maintainer (PM)

AUR storage format

I want to sync AUR and found simple script that fetch AUR into local dir at this forum.

I start to write own (some more advanced) script, but I have a question. I suppose that all packages can be accessed by http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/$pkgn … ame.tar.gz

Am I right?

#2 2006-04-24 14:22:13

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: AUR storage format

Yes.

#3 2006-04-24 14:37:31

sergej
Package Maintainer (PM)

Thanks

#4 2006-04-24 20:52:51

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

No thats not right. Not all of the packages follow the $pkgname/$pkgname.tar.gz format. It depends on how and when the person uploaded it. I tried following this syntax for aurbuild but had to quickly change it to parse the webpages for everything. It works %99 of the time as compared to about %70 with static URL's.

#5 2006-04-24 21:43:41

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

some examples:

akgregator
amidi-plug-xmms
amsn-plugins-brushedmetal
amsn-plugins-clearlooks
amsn-skins-niloskins
audacious-itouch
audacious-om
bas64
devede
gnome-chemistry-utils
gnome-power-manager2
gogo
gtkhtml
horc
image2mpeg
ip1500linux
kbfx-svn
kbfx-xvs
kdedecor-hypnotista_sade
kismet-devel
klineakplugins
krtek-r31
krtek
libgphoto2
libgtkhtml
lumaqq
majongg3d-extra
matplolib
mencap
merury
mfm
mindless
mms-client
openlazslo
openoffice
openwengo-ng-svn
openwengong-svn
pkm
python-media
rss-gelx
sl
slang
timidity
wirardpen-driver
xaraj-lx
xfce4-triger-launcher-svn
zaptel

#6 2006-04-25 08:02:10

tomk
Forum Fellow

:? :?: Strange list, Penguin. Even allowing for typos (e.g. akregator, matplotlib) and name changes (e.g. wengophone-ng-svn), only 17 of the 47 packages listed appear in the AUR, and the tarballs for all 17 are available at
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/$pkgn … ame.tar.gz

Perhaps I need to learn more about AUR internals, but AFAIK the only way to get a tarball into the AUR is through the submission page, and surely the code behind that is going to process each tarball in exactly the same way?

#7 2006-04-26 01:35:47

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

tomk wrote:

:? :?: Strange list, Penguin. Even allowing for typos (e.g. akregator, matplotlib) and name changes (e.g. wengophone-ng-svn), only 17 of the 47 packages listed appear in the AUR, and the tarballs for all 17 are available at
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/$pkgn … ame.tar.gz

Perhaps I need to learn more about AUR internals, but AFAIK the only way to get a tarball into the AUR is through the submission page, and surely the code behind that is going to process each tarball in exactly the same way?

Yeah...looks like there is now a mechanism is place to ensure packages follow that syntax -seems to go by the name of the submitted tarball.

Thanks for proving me wrong I was able to update aurbuild code with this straight line instead of parsing three webpages 8)

#8 2006-04-26 01:38:41

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Be careful if you use this method to get packages whithout going through the AUR interface. When a package is removed from AUR, it is just not accessible anymore from the interface. The tarball is not deleted from the server so you might obtain a package that was removed from AUR because it was already in an official repo or because it was broken/malicious.
There was a discussion a while ago about removing these unused tarballs but I no decision was taken or implemented.
That's the reason behind  the "strange" list posted by Penguin.

#9 2006-04-26 01:49:02

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Snowman wrote:

Be careful if you use this method to get packages whithout going through the AUR interface. When a package is removed from AUR, it is just not accessible anymore from the interface. The tarball is not deleted from the server so you might obtain a package that was removed from AUR because it was already in an official repo or because it was broken/malicious.
There was a discussion a while ago about removing these unused tarballs but I no decision was taken or implemented.
That's the reason behind  the "strange" list posted by Penguin.

well I'm glad I learned this just now

Board footer