You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-25 07:33:00

briancurtin
Website

metacity not starting

i was just messing with xgl and found its not working right for me. im going to get around to making it work, but for the moment im just going to stick for gnome/metacity until i have time to mess with things. heres the problem:
in my time playing around with xgl, i didnt have title bars around my applications in xgl/compiz. then i went back to metacity and now i dont have them either, and i dont have entries in the bottom task bar for applications, so i can only use one thing at a time otherwise i lose it.

can someone help me get these things back, and as a bonus question, how to get them to show up properly in xgl/compiz? i tried the steps in the wiki to get compiz to do it by making sure 'decoration' is in that gconf entry. im looking more for the metacity answer at the moment though, and thanks for any help

edit: i figured out that metacity isnt starting anymore, just need to figure out how to start it at login

#2 2006-04-25 17:41:14

briancurtin
Website

Re: metacity not starting

alright this isnt as bad as i thought, metacity just isnt started when i login anymore. what can i do to get this back?

#3 2006-04-29 01:37:47

briancurtin
Website

Re: metacity not starting

should i just reinstall metacity? as it stands right now, i need to open up a terminal and run metacity from the CLI and leave that open.

Board footer