You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-03 23:13:05

machinegod420

Synaptics input driver/Laptop close for a different virtual console

Hi,

I am currently running xserver with 'startx -- vt7'. The reason why I am doing this is because of catalyst drivers on my machine. They will not start on the regular virtual terminal since there are DRM issues. However, the synaptic drivers are not loaded on vt7. I cannot right click with my buttonless touchpad with the default settings. Is there any way to load input drivers onto my current vc session?

If you want to see the logs and history of why I am doing the things the way they are currently, please look at this thread
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57084&p=293

The reason why I am creating another thread is that I believe this is no longer just an ATI catalyst issue.

A secondary issue that I am running into is that whenever I suspsend my laptop by closing the lid, I get just a black screen and cannot interact with anything. I think this is due to running on a diffferent vt. I must reboot the laptop to get back into my setup.

EDIT:

After spending most of the day not going to class, I've gotten it to work with this xorg conf.

#touchpad
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "test"
	Driver "synaptics"
	Option "RBCornerButton" "2"
	Option "SoftButtonAreas"  "50% 0 70% 0 0 0 0 0"
EndSection

Basically making sure I don't include any path to /dev/input/ or any of that. I still have the laptop lid issue, but I'm thinking now that its also handed by some input driver that I am no longer loading. Does anyone have any documentation with these switch events ?

Last edited by machinegod420 (2016-03-04 10:24:33)

Board footer