You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-04 23:25:16

gugah

[WORKAROUND] yakuake can't manage profiles after recent update

Hi all,

I've been using yakuake in kde-plasma for a while now. After the last update my default profile settings were resetted (I just use a larger font size). I can change the font size using right click -> "Edit Current profile..." but every time I reboot the default font size is restored. I also tried clicking "Manage profiles..." but nothing happens when I click it.

Anyone having the same issue?

Last edited by gugah (2016-03-09 20:34:08)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

#2 2016-03-05 04:13:11

templrivanho

Re: [WORKAROUND] yakuake can't manage profiles after recent update

Searching on KDE's bug list, it seems the fault lies in Konsole:

Eike Hein wrote:

This is because Konsole decided it would be smart to break public API with active users, and needs to be fixed there.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=360072

Perhaps konsole needs to be rebuilt?

#3 2016-03-06 02:21:33

bhrgunatha

I donlt think it's only down to konsole. Even after downgrading konsole it's still the same.

ALL my yakuake configurations have been reset; window width and height, transparency. including skins I had installed. Plus I can no longer download or even view any skins.

Plus I used a script to start it with commands to set up sessions which no longer works.

Time to move to guake I guess.

#4 2016-03-09 06:04:05

gugah

bhrgunatha wrote:

Time to move to guake I guess.

Is yakuake not mantained anymore? I guess that this issue will be fixed in the next release...

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

#5 2016-03-09 10:19:31

x33a
Forum Fellow

Moving to "Applications and Desktop Environments".

#6 2016-03-09 16:01:13

Trinakrian
Website

I am experiencing the same issue. I read on the Manjaro forums that one fellow had success with changing Konsole's settings to reflect your Yakuake settings, then uninstalling and reinstalling Yakuake.

I just did that, but haven't rebooted yet because I have a full workspace going right now. Certainly worth a try.

If you're coming on, come on!!!

#7 2016-03-09 20:31:58

gugah

Trinakrian wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue. I read on the Manjaro forums that one fellow had success with changing Konsole's settings to reflect your Yakuake settings, then uninstalling and reinstalling Yakuake.

I just did that, but haven't rebooted yet because I have a full workspace going right now. Certainly worth a try.

I can confirm that this works. I defined a default profile in konsole with the desired settings and set it as default. Then I had to reinstall yakuake (for some reason just restarting yakuake doesn't change the font settings).

Last edited by gugah (2016-03-09 20:35:34)

#8 2016-03-13 00:18:04

grossws

Another workaround: create a profile in konsole and fill in its name in ~/.config/yakuakerc as default profile (something like `DefaultProfile=profile-name.profile`). Yakuake should be stopped while doing it.

#9 2017-02-10 13:53:50

lorcopotia
Website

Hi everyone....
I've just installed Manjaro and I'm having the same issue. I removed yakuake and installed again but nothing... can't manage profiles.
Did anyone find a solution?

br

#10 2017-02-11 05:04:48

x33a
Forum Fellow

@lorcopotia, this thread has been silent for a while. Also, Manjaro is a separate distribution. Please direct your question at their forums.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … .2Aonly.2A

I'll go ahead and close this thread. @gugah, If you would like us to reopen the thread, please flag it and we'll re-open it.

Board footer