You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-07 09:18:45

schnecki

Arch Linux on HP x2 210 Convertible

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get Arch running on an x2 210 convertibel latop/tablet.

The first problem I encountered was that booting using a Live CD does not work, as there seem to be a problems with syslinux. Some people on FOG are already working on these problems. However, after using a Ubuntu to boot the systems and from there installing ArchLinux, I faced further problems. But first of all I have to let you know that Ubuntu runs well. There are no problems at all, except for one minor issue, that is the battery life is not shown for some reason.

After installing and booting back to ArchLinux I had the problem of kernel panics occuring all the time and figured that the i2c designware platform kernel module seemed to be the problem. When I disable this module the systems runs well, but the touchscreen does not work no more, nor does the battery status gets shown anymore. The next problem then is that the sound card is not detected by the kernel (I also tried the mainline kernel). But let's forget about the sound for now.

I would like to get the system running and possibly bugs fixed, such that others also have a better experience with these kind of laptops.

I filed a bug about the i2c module, but did not get a response yet (see https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113291). There is also the dmesg output I observed. This time I was running the mainline kernel, which however has the same behavior as the current stable Archlinux kernel (4.4.1.-2-ARCH).

Unfortunately, I can not paste stuff in here, so please have a look at the dmesg output at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=206291. It seems to be a problem with a Semaphore, but I'm not familiar with i2c at all. The weird thing is that even though the module is also loaded under Ubuntu, there is no problem with the kernel. Do you have any idea on how to proceed with that?

Last edited by schnecki (2016-03-07 12:43:57)

#2 2016-08-07 12:28:24

clownfish

Re: Arch Linux on HP x2 210 Convertible

I got an x2 210 too, and I'm also very interested in getting Arch up and running on this piece of hardware. Is there any progress, have you managed to install it without the extra step on Ubuntu?

Board footer