You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-11 03:49:23

Espionage724
Website

Input latency on touchscreen with GNOME

I have a HP 2-in-1 with a touchscreen. If I start a game without moving a physical mouse or touchpad, the touchscreen has significant input latency added. If I move the touchpad while in-game, and then go back to touchscreen, the latency is gone on the touchscreen.

This doesn't happen on Plasma 5, Xfce, and LXDE, and only seems to happen on GNOME (Arch, Fedora, Ubuntu, and openSUSE; basically all distros I've tried), and Unity on Ubuntu. This also happens regardless of evdev or libinput being used. I use GNOME in X (with disabled Wayland on GDM). I believe the issue disappeared when using GNOME on Wayland, but I would prefer not to use this (onscreen keyboard didn't work last I checked, along with no gamma control).

Any suggestions? When I touch the touchscreen or touchpad, there is about a half-second pause. It seems like some input system/service is switching over to handle the other input during this time, and I'm guessing GNOME does this in-relationship to the cursor disappearing on touch and the onscreen keyboard to auto-appear. Is there a specific service that handles this, and could it be disabled?

RoE | Wiki - My Linux set-up tweaks and notes!

#2 2016-04-30 07:14:49

Espionage724
Website

Re: Input latency on touchscreen with GNOME

Bump. What is the service in GNOME that registers what device is being used and what to do? If I use a mouse on the GNOME desktop, I see a cursor, but if I touch the touchscreen, the cursor disappears. I'm thinking whatever that device is is causing the problem, and disabling it should solve this.

RoE | Wiki - My Linux set-up tweaks and notes!

Board footer