You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-15 16:12:57

NoMore201

Delayed function keys on HP Stream 13-c100nl

Hi guys. i'm writing here because i have strange problems on some function keys with my new HP Stream 13.

Some function keys works fine, for example volume up/down/mute or playback control ones.
Some function keys doesn't work at all, no scancodes or keycodes are generated so i cannot map them as described in wiki section about extra keys (had same problem with other laptops). I just created custom keybindings in xfce4-keyboard-settings.
But the problem i wanted to address with this post is that some function keys event are delayed by some seconds after the keypress. For example, lets assume i want to increase brightness, i press the specific key, but no scancode or key code is instantly captured. After some second (which may vary from 5 to even 30) i can read on the output the scancode, and the function key would execute. Here is some output from showkey and dmesg:

[root@abcd ~]# showkey --scancodes
kb mode was ?UNKNOWN?
[ if you are trying this under X, it might not work
since the X server is also reading /dev/console ]

press any key (program terminates 10s after last keypress)...
0x9c
0xe0 0x54 0xe0 0xd4  #output some second after the keypress

[root@abcd ~]# dmesg | tail -n 4
[ 9466.200056] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xab on isa0060/serio0).
[ 9466.200084] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e02b <keycode>' to make it known.
[ 9466.253449] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xab on isa0060/serio0).
[ 9466.253482] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e02b <keycode>' to make it known.

Events that show this behaviour are brightness keys and closing laptop lid. Can someone help me understanding this problem? Of course i can define custom key bindings for both things, but i would like to use [almost] all function keys of my laptop.

Board footer