You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-28 16:09:57

nedson

Abiword Spellchecking

Hello all...

I'd like to enable spell checking in Abiword.
I've tried to RTFM and I've poked around here trying to find an answer (that works  big_smile )...alas I still don't have spell checking.

I installed the following packages:

abiword 2.4.3-1
abiword-plugins 2.4.3-1

I also tried installing aspell-en and thought this would enable spell checking.  Do I have to compile abiword from source to enable spell checking?

I also noticed that /usr/share/AbiSuite2-4/dictionary is empty.  I tried creating a symlink to the /usr/lib/aspell/ directory and still came up empty. . .

Any ideas/suggestions/solutions? 

Thanks! 
(this is a great excuse to not get started on the writing that I have to do lol )

#2 2006-04-28 17:56:51

jskier
Website

Re: Abiword Spellchecking

Interesting, I have the same version as you and it works fine on my desktop and laptop machines.

So the spell check option under Tools is greyed out even after you start typing a document?

I'd try doing a reinstall of aspell (I assume it's installed because aspell-en depends on it, but maybe something didn't install properly). Your /usr/lib/aspell isn't empty is it? It should have some files in it.

Also, my /usr/share/AbiSuite2-4/dictionary is empty, so we can eliminate that as the problem.

Good luck, and let us know if anything works or not.

--
JSkier

#3 2006-04-28 18:24:49

nedson

Thanks for the reply!

Yes the spell checking feature is totally greyed out...

I reinstalled aspell and nothing seemed to change :-(.

#4 2006-04-28 20:40:21

nedson

Solved  wink

Well, i removed and reinstalled...and everything seems to be magically working now. . .guess I have no excuse but to get to work writing...

Not sure what changed . . .

big_smile

#5 2006-04-29 15:24:19

jskier
Website

Good to hear. My next advice would have been to start testing the command line of aspell. No worries now, enjoy  big_smile

--
JSkier

Board footer