You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-03 07:09:01

KaGaSi

[Solved] Thinkpad L460 - touchpad and trackpoint not working

I've just installed arch on a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad L460. All seems fine except for the touchpad and trackpoint which don't work. In Windows that shipped with the laptop, it worked fine. I have synaptics driver installed. I can use external mouse, but neither the touchpad nor the trackpoint even show in xinput. Here is the xinput output:

Virtual core pointer                                id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    Logitech M310                                      id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    Logitech K520                                        id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
Virtual core keyboard                            id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
     Virtual core XTEST keyboard           id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
     Power Button                                       id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
     Video Bus                                               id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
     Sleep Button                                         id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
     Integrated Camera                             id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
     AT Translated Set 2 keyboar            id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
     ThinkPad Extra Buttons                    id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]

The Logitech part is external wireless mouse.

I've looked around, but found nothing... Any help is welcome.

Last edited by KaGaSi (2016-04-05 11:30:00)

#2 2016-04-05 11:29:12

KaGaSi

Re: [Solved] Thinkpad L460 - touchpad and trackpoint not working

In the end, I had to use linux-mainline kernel from aur and then it works just fine.

#3 2016-06-23 09:56:23

whilealive

Re: [Solved] Thinkpad L460 - touchpad and trackpoint not working

Actually, this happens to me sporadically on the same ThinkPad model with standard kernel from [core]. For example, releasing and reinserting the battery can cause the touchpad and trackpoint to stop working after next boot. The only workaround that worked for me so far is simply suspend and wake up once. After that it will be listed by xinput again.

Board footer