You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-09 07:12:33

Xi0N
Website

Kodi sometimes has no sound. A reboot fixes it. + other issues

I have a nvidia gtx 970 connected to a TV using hdmi for video and audio playback.
The computer is less than  half a year old. i5 and ssd for gaming as well.
The thing is that I have been using kodi for a really long time. I have the setup so the system boots straight into kodi using kodi-standalone from AUR, as kodi user. No login screen for ease of use. In the background, deluge daemon with web ui and sftp for remote access.
Video drivers are nvidia official and the configuration made automatically.

Everything works like a charm, zfs for raid5 storage... But there are a couple of annoying issues that, perhaps, could be related.

First one: Sometimes I boot and start playing a video and there's no sound output. I reboot once and the sound is back. Happens like 30% of the time.

Second one: from time to time, if i pause some video playback and resume again, the video seems to get frozen while the sound goes on. Sometimes it takes half a minute for the computer to "realise" and stops the playback and throws you out to kodi again. Some other times, it just starts displaying video and that's all. But always, while this happens, there's no keyboard or mouse input. You can bash the space bar and the video won't stop for a while.

Any ideas? If you need extra information, let me know ow so I post it.
Thanks

Last edited by Xi0N (2016-04-09 07:13:57)

Board footer