You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-10 14:18:39

yorrd

Install pacstrap on Centos

Heyo, I'm trying to set up a nspawn arch container on CentOS. The nspawn wiki page recommends using pacstrap which in turn requires pacman. Is it possible to compile pacman on CentOS for that purpose or is there another recommended way to achieve this?

Thanks for any advice

#2 2016-04-10 14:24:03

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Install pacstrap on Centos

Can you boot from an arch iso, or is this on a remote server?  If you can, just boot the iso, mount the patition that holds the directory you want your arch system in, then just use pacstrap from the iso with -i /mnt/path/to/archdir.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-04-10 14:33:01

yorrd

Trilby wrote:

Can you boot from an arch iso, or is this on a remote server?  If you can, just boot the iso, mount the patition that holds the directory you want your arch system in, then just use pacstrap from the iso with -i /mnt/path/to/archdir.

Ya that's the issue. It's a remote server which I have root access to, but don't think there's a way to boot from an image.

#4 2016-04-10 15:00:08

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

In that case I'd follow this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … stribution

Setting up the nspawn instance is really just installing a system to a directory rather than a partition (and leaving out the bootloader and kernel).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2016-04-10 15:48:09

yorrd

Trilby wrote:

In that case I'd follow this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … stribution

Setting up the nspawn instance is really just installing a system to a directory rather than a partition (and leaving out the bootloader and kernel).

Wow I'm blind. Thanks a lot, that'll help.

Board footer