You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-11 20:37:16

pwkpete

Recent updates causes DNS issues after some short time

Hello all

I can't quite put my finger on what updated caused the issue, essentially after this update after some period of time - can't tell if it is time or amount of data transferred - my arch linux instance does  not do DNS resolution. If I disconnect and reconnect to the wifi it will work again for a similar period of time.

Networking is not effected in any other way - the machine is still on the network and I can access other nodes vi IP addr.

Initially I was thinking it was glib-networking, but I downgraded that and the issue still exists. It's not particular to the browser, nor is it to DHCP configuration - I overrode that with local DNS entries in the local wifi config.

I didn't see anything from a search - except an old issue with systemd...

Anyone else see this or can steer me to a log to search - I didn't find anything in dmesg or where in systemd to look for this?

Thanks!

Last edited by pwkpete (2016-04-11 20:38:03)

#2 2016-04-11 23:48:31

twelveeighty

Re: Recent updates causes DNS issues after some short time

Could it be the same issue as reported a couple of days ago (not by me): https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=211079 ?

#3 2016-04-12 00:04:42

pwkpete

Re: Recent updates causes DNS issues after some short time

Thanks for the pointer - at quick glance it seems that it is not quite the same - I don't have a connection issue, it's that DNS name resolution fails - the connection never drops.

I might try to downgrade that package anyway to see if that has any effect.

Thanks!

Board footer