You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-03 08:25:26

Back2Cali

[REQUEST] AutoHouse II

Can somebody create a PKGBUILD for Auto House II?
It's a nice tool for anyone who runs his own car repair shop. Would be great!

Homepage: http://www.autohouse-european.com/ah2

Thanks!

#2 2006-05-05 09:52:52

judfilm

Re: [REQUEST] AutoHouse II

Wow, seems like a great program. Great suggestion.

#3 2006-05-08 18:49:06

Sigi

# Contributor: Christoph Siegenthaler <csi>
pkgname=autohouse2
pkgver=0.20
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Autohouse II is a database application for maintaining invoice/repair records of customers and their vehicles"
url="http://www.autohouse-european.com/ah2"
depends=('postgresql')
source=(ftp://ftp.linuxlots.com/pub/$pkgname/ah2-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('e26dd68583326251b0552487a27b8b65')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/ah2-$pkgver
  qmake ah2.pro
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}

damn, tried to build it but it has compile time errors.
Output:

<snip>
/opt/qt/include/qsqldatabase.h:63: warning: 'class QSqlDriverCreatorBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/CustVehcTable.o CustVehcTable.cpp
/opt/qt/include/qsqldatabase.h:63: warning: 'class QSqlDriverCreatorBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/VehcTable.o VehcTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/WOPartsForm.o WOPartsForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/WOPartsTable.o WOPartsTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/WOLaborForm.o WOLaborForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/WOLaborTable.o WOLaborTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/AcctSelect.o AcctSelect.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/VendorSelect.o VendorSelect.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/VendorForm.o VendorForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/VendorTable.o VendorTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/PartsForm.o PartsForm.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/PartsTable.o PartsTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/Part2VendorTable.o Part2VendorTable.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/DataXML.o Data/DataXML.cpp
/opt/qt/bin/uic InvoiceWindow.ui -i InvoiceWindow.h -o .ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt/include -I.ui/ -I. -I.moc/ -o .obj/InvoiceWindow.o .ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp
.ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp:29:22: error: custform.h: No such file or directory
.ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp:30:22: error: vehcform.h: No such file or directory
.ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp:31:27: error: workorderform.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [.obj/InvoiceWindow.o] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Could anyone try to build this? Not that I own a car repair shop - I was just trying to "give something back to the OSS community"  wink

Cheers Sigi

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#4 2006-05-16 09:46:12

Back2Cali

That's exactly how far I got. sad

I don't know what the problem is. I did what they said on the Hompage but it won't compile....

Maybe somebody else has an idea about this....

#5 2006-05-16 14:24:29

sebcactus

I didn't try to compile it, but read the error output:

look at the file ui/InvoiceWindow.cpp.
There must be some #include to custform.h, vehcform.h and workform.h
Look where those files are and fix the path (or add the include path in the makefile)

#6 2006-05-18 10:05:37

judfilm

A new version 0.22 is now out:

0.22 05/17/06
   Fixed build problem.
   Modified movetransactions to make it more friendly.

Let's hope this solves the issues.

#7 2006-05-18 11:33:12

Back2Cali

Unfortunately it doesn't. I'm in contact with the developer to find a solution for the problem. So I guess we have to wait for another bugfix-release....  sad

#8 2006-05-18 23:13:08

Sigi

Have tried to compile it also - no luck here either...

edit: small typo

#9 2006-05-22 11:18:57

judfilm

FYI - A new version 0.24 is now out:

0.24 05/20/06
Additional fixes for build on machines other than mine

Does this help?

#10 2006-06-20 05:37:27

judfilm

Hi, another version has been released, does this bring us any closer?

#11 2006-06-20 09:11:28

Back2Cali

Hi!

I've been working on it with the developer and it seems that this version works. Some strange error messages still appear at the end of the build process but all of the are going to be ignored. I've tested a PKGBUILD and it seems to work. Only when uninstalling the package, only the entry in the pacman database will be removed, but the program files will stay on the system. Does anyone have an Idea about it?
Unfortunately my computer is currently broken, so I cannot post the PKGBUILD which I have. But as soon as the spare part I need is here I can fix the motherboard and post the PKGBUILD.
I think I'll have my machine fixed by the end of the week, so you don't have to wait too much longer.... ;-)

BYE!

#12 2006-06-20 10:18:22

Sigi

Make sure that all the files are installed to

$startdir/pkg

and not directly into your system. Build the package as user instead of root!

Cheers Sigi

#13 2006-06-22 19:26:08

Back2Cali

Hi!

Finally after fixing my computer here's the PKGBUILD for the program. Or at least a start... ;-)
I still have the problem, that uninstalling the package won't delete the folders and their contents.... anyway, here it is:

# Contributor: Back2Cali
pkgname=autohouse2
pkgver=0.25
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Autohouse II is a database application for maintaining invoice/repair records of customers and their vehicles"
depends=('postgresql')
md5sums=('fb4b75ff0260c3281fe2c2a5221203f8')

build() {
  qmake ah2.pro
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}

Don't forget to check out the manual. It describes how to set up the database and stuff. Read it before you start ah2 for the first time! Some things are needed to be set up befor first start...

BYE
Christian

#14 2006-06-22 21:24:16

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

You packages doesn't uninstall because your PKGBUILD installs the files directly on your system:

cp -f "ah2" "/usr/bin/ah2"
cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/bin/ah2': Permission denied
make: [install_target] Error 1 (ignored)
strip "/usr/bin/ah2"
strip: '/usr/bin/ah2': No such file
mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/ah2': Permission denied
make: *** [install_reports] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

That's one reason for always building packages as a regular user.  Here's the fixed PKGBUILD. I've made other minor fix: use /opt/kde instead of /opt/kde3 and I put the perl module in a more appropriate place. I haven't tried it. Let me know if there's a problem:

# Contributor: Back2Cali
pkgname=autohouse2
pkgver=0.25
pkgrel=1
depends=('postgresql')
md5sums=('fb4b75ff0260c3281fe2c2a5221203f8')

build() {
  qmake ah2.pro
  make || return 1
  make INSTALL_ROOT=$startdir/pkg install
  mv $startdir/pkg/opt/kde3 $startdir/pkg/opt/kde
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/
  mv $startdir/pkg/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Reports.pm $startdir/pkg/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/
} 

#15 2006-06-22 21:48:15

Sigi

Sigi wrote:

Make sure that all the files are installed to

$startdir/pkg

and not directly into your system. Build the package as user instead of root!

Cheers Sigi

Does anyone read my posts? LOL

Board footer