You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-02 23:32:09

rickymcmuffin

Unified Remote not working [Solved]

Whenever I use yaourt to download and install unified-remote-server and open the program it comes up in google chrome with

This site can't be reached

localhost refused to connect.

Search Google for localhost 9510 web

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I don't know what to do.  Unified remote worked completely fine an other Linux distributions but not on arch. Can you please help!

Last edited by rickymcmuffin (2016-05-03 20:54:25)

#2 2016-05-03 12:27:55

mrunion
Website

Re: Unified Remote not working [Solved]

It seems something should be running on your local machine on port 9510. I don't know what Unified Remote is, but have you started any service it installed, etc.? What has a forum or internet search revealed about this problem? Is there a website for unified remote that has troubleshooting info for this particular issue?

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#3 2016-05-03 12:55:14

Lone_Wolf

I guess you are using this : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/unif … te-server/ ?

Rickymcmuffin, everything needed to use unified-remote is present in that package.

Upon installation it shows instructions what you need to do.
Check your pacman.log .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2016-05-03 13:08:30

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Ricky, I hope you will take the following as constructive criticism as that is how it is meant.  To have productive exchanges on these forums, you may want to make a few changes in your approach.

1) Exclamation points are not needed, especially not in your title, and definitely not 3 of them.  This will only lead to anyone opening this thread being annoyed right from the start.

2) Don't use yaourt.  Yaourt has a perhaps-only-partially-deserved poor reputation around here all together, and while it may not be fair to discourage it's use in general, I am confident that virtually everyone would agree that it should not be used by people new to arch and the AUR.

3) Read pacman's output.  As noted above the instructions you need were clearly printed out by pacman when you installed the package.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2016-05-03 20:56:43

rickymcmuffin

I'm sorry I posted something this dumb.  I didn't really read what it says while installing and unfortunately never really occurred to me that it could be helpful.  Thank you!

Board footer