You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-03 22:09:16

mcaceres

[SOLVED] Keyboard not working on boot with acpi=off

For reasons unimportant, I set acpi = off as a boot parameter in `/boot/loader/entries/arch.conf` and now when I boot the keyboard does not work.

I assume that removing that option would fix the problem, but the computer is using lvm encryption and I need a password to start it, and since the keyboard does not work I have no idea what to do. Is it possible to edit the boot parameters before I am prompted for a passphrase?

Thanks!

**EDIT**

Solution was rather simple: press "e" from boot and edit the boot parameters. Cheers!

Last edited by mcaceres (2016-05-03 23:47:37)

#2 2016-05-03 22:15:43

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Keyboard not working on boot with acpi=off

Have you a USB keyboard you can use?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-05-03 22:22:37

mcaceres

Not on hand. I'll try one of the library keyboards next chance I get. Is that my best bet?

#4 2016-05-03 23:11:55

ewaller
Administrator

Well, it is a workaround.  I don't know about best bet.  There are some other options too, like a serial console.
Some boot loaders may have some capability built in -- I don't use a boot loader myself.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2016-05-03 23:46:11

mcaceres

If I press "e" from boot, I will be able to edit the boot parameters on the fly. This allowed me to temporarily disable acpi = off. I subsequently removed that from my conf file and my PC is back up. Thanks for the help!

Board footer