You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 10:59:17

rubenvb

built-in IR remote issues multiple keys on button press

Hi guys,

I have an MS-Tech <model number eludes me> ATX HTPC case with built-in IR receiver and handy remote control that works with that receiver.

It works fine in Kodi (well, it does drop out sometimes, becoming useless until I reboot), and play/pause/ok/left/right/up/down all work fine.

I've set up flix2kodi to watch Netflix on that box, and it works as it should. I can control the playback from an attached keyboard just like netflix in the browser, which is fine.
If I try and use my remote control, it doesn't work.

After investigating with evtest what exactly happens, I learned that this IR receiver is actually seen as a "Mouse" (or keyboard, or whatever), and pressing e.g. the play button sends the ctrl-shift-p combination, which obviously messes up Chromium's response (it opens the print dialog, instead of pausing/playing).

How can I best solve this? Lirc cannot be used, as it's a USB keyboard/mouse to the OS, and I can only remap single keys using udev (http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … d-keycodes).

Would it be possible to "swallow" the ctrl and shift keypresses and remap e.g. the P key to something that would pause netflix? How would I best go about that?

Thanks!

Board footer