You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-07 15:13:25

Gordon

Solved -- kshisen fails to start

Not sure which update it was but kshisen fails to start. When I try from the command line I get the following output.

connect(2) call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
attempt to connect to server failed
log_libkmahjongg: Using background at "/usr/share/kmahjongglib/backgrounds/default.svg"
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) >= this->size() (which is 0)
Aborted (core dumped)

From what I have read in other problems
the line  - call to /dev/shm/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
is not the problem.

So can some one help mr figure out why this program will not run. I have re-installed it, but it did not help.
Other KDE games like Mahjong work.

When I try running it as root I get the following error -

Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
"Session bus not found\nTo circumvent this problem try the following command (with Linux and bash)\nexport $(dbus-launch)"

My system is up to date and I am using XFCE4

After last big KDE games and Nvidia update all seems to be working.

Last edited by Gordon (2016-06-17 17:04:27)

#2 2016-05-08 08:47:56

berbae

Re: Solved -- kshisen fails to start

kshisen 16.04.0-2 runs here without errors under openbox wm.
As well as kmahjongg 16.04.0-2 with
libkdegames 16.04.0-1
libkmahjongg 16.04.0-1
hicolor-icon-theme 0.15-1

#3 2016-05-10 14:31:31

Gordon

All those programs are the same level as on my system.
Sometimes I can make kshisen start from the command line after running  jack_showtime first.
Probably works 1 out of three attempts.

Murphy - only game I play to unwind and its now kaput!

#4 2016-05-10 15:34:32

berbae

Do you need jack installed?
I have not it here.
But the problem seems rather linked to these lines:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 0) >= this->size() (which is 0)

Maybe a graphical problem. What graphical driver do you use?

#5 2016-05-11 13:29:43

Gordon

I dont know if I need jack installed. Cannot remember installing it and I don't listen to music on the PC only some You tube and BBC news broad casts.

I have an nvidia card running the latest nvidia 364.19-3 driver.

I have disabled composite and using Adwaita icons etc. and xfce as the basic style.

Today I got it up by running
$jack_freewheel y
first - then kshisen from the command line.

I will try removing jack.

#6 2016-05-11 15:51:56

berbae

The package jack is a dependency of many packages, so you might not be able to uninstall it.
The error message mentioned in my last post is from C++ so it's probably some bug you encountered which appears with your system configuration and not mine.
You could try some other themes, fonts or icons, or even another DE/WM to see if xfce4 is implicated.
Apart from that I don't see what to tell you about that, sorry.

#7 2016-05-11 18:47:31

V1del
Forum Moderator

Jack does have C++ parts and the fact that Gordon can execute a random jack command to make it work pretty much points to something in jack, maybe it isn't initialized properly or something. Underlying issue here is likely that gstreamer tries to use jack as a first priority if it finds it. I can't for the life of me figure out where one is supposed to edit gstreamer 1.0 output configuration, but possible workarounds would include installing and using pulseaudio, which will have a higher priority, or switch to phonon-vlc and uninstall phonon-gstreamer.

Going down the dependency chain also suggests that the KDE games might be using openal to produce sound, so creating a proper openal configuration might help as well.

Board footer