You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-10 05:25:53

lagagnon
Website

HTML5 videos with Chromium don't work

Since my last system update I can no longer play HTML5 videos in Chromium. Flash videos work fine. Also, using youtube-dl to download them and then mplayer to play those same videos work just fine!

The audio in the video container is fine and I can get a small video image in the lower left of the container. Trying to fullscreen the system results in video tearing.

Video card is nVidia MCP78S (GeForce 8200) running Nouveau drivers. All packages up to date.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting appreciated...

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2016-05-10 07:24:03

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: HTML5 videos with Chromium don't work

There have been a few threads on this, likely a cache issue https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=211906 remove a few cachedirs from your $HOME (as outlined in my last post, and if that wasn't enough, remove all chromium dirs from $HOME and retry)

#3 2016-05-10 18:01:26

lagagnon
Website

I have cleared out the caches to no effect. It really does appear to be more of a video driver/mesa/ issue due to the tearing seen when trying fullscreen YouTube videos.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#4 2016-05-13 16:05:21

paul_tk1

Disabling of the hardware acceleration in chromium advanced settings solved a similar issue for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comment … rome_they/

#5 2016-05-13 17:08:31

lagagnon
Website

Thanks paul_tk1: that works.

Board footer