You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-14 13:51:25

quiqueck

[solved] Compiling fails when using pkgbuild, not when compiling by ha

I am using widelands-bzr (AUR) for installing the latest widelands revision. Because i am also involved in developing widelands, i do often download bazaar branches from launchpad and compile them with the containing compile script.

Since the last update of gcc (i guess) i have trouble during compiling with the PKGBUILD. Instead the compile script shipped with the bazaar revisions is running without problems.

I have tried to compare the scripts but couldn't find a great difference. The PKGBUILD makes a "Release version" whereas the compile script makes a "Debug version". So i changed the PKGBUILD to make also a Debug version, but it fails anyway. Here is the error during compiling with the PKGBUILD:

Linking CXX executable test_economy
../../sound/libsound.a(sound_handler.cc.o): In function `boost::cpp_regex_traits<char>::transform_primary[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const':
/usr/include/boost/regex/v4/cpp_regex_traits.hpp:966: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106000::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::transform_primary[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const'
../../sound/libsound.a(sound_handler.cc.o): In function `boost::cpp_regex_traits<char>::transform[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const':
/usr/include/boost/regex/v4/cpp_regex_traits.hpp:962: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail_106000::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::transform[abi:cxx11](char const*, char const*) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
src/economy/test/CMakeFiles/test_economy.dir/build.make:376: recipe for target 'src/economy/test/test_economy' failed
make[2]: *** [src/economy/test/test_economy] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:9311: recipe for target 'src/economy/test/CMakeFiles/test_economy.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/economy/test/CMakeFiles/test_economy.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas why compiling doesn't work with the PKGBUILD?

Last edited by quiqueck (2016-05-14 16:00:14)

#2 2016-05-14 14:01:46

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: [solved] Compiling fails when using pkgbuild, not when compiling by ha

The error was due to FS#49248 which is fixed with boost 1.60.0-5.

#3 2016-05-14 14:09:38

quiqueck

Thanks for your Quick reply :-)

But if boost is the culprit, why does it work when compiling with the shipped compile script? It uses the same code and libraries... annoying

#4 2016-05-14 15:59:30

quiqueck

Seems that upgrading the boost packages have solved this.

Board footer