You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-15 14:45:01

Marcin

Deja-dup is getting worse and worse.

I wanted to do incremental backup. I was prompted for a password. I entered correct (!) password and then another password prompt was displayed. I tried again and again password prompt was on my screen. I was looking for any solutions, searching forums etc. Could not find any better advice than the one telling me to remove my backup and start from the beginning. So tried this "method" It asked me for password again then password confirmation as it was new backup file and started scanning. When I returned to my laptop after 30 minutes there was another password window displayed again.

In this case I tried older version of Deja-dup. The problem was the same. I could not reset my previous settings. Could not find and remove any config files. Locations suggested on forums are out of date.

Is this a problem with Deja-dup or Duplicity or any keyring? I remember few weeks ago Duplicity was very slow but after update it came back to normal. Also there are some problems with Deja-dup interface after installing GTK2 uodates.

Any ideas, please?

#2 2016-05-22 11:03:36

Marcin

Re: Deja-dup is getting worse and worse.

I have tried almost everything. This bug was reported in 2012, 2013 and in Feb. No any solutions. I tried to downgrade Deja-dup, duplicity, also re-installed gnupg, archlinux-keyring. Nothing works. It seems to be gpg error. Used this dconf reset -f /org/gnome/deja-dup/  created new directory for backup and still nothing.

Does anybody else have same problem?

Is there any other easy to use alternative for Deja-dup?

#3 2016-05-22 12:52:10

brebs

Marcin wrote:

Is there any other easy to use alternative for Deja-dup?

I would recommend ZFS (for data de-duplication) on top of cryptsetup (for encryption), but I dunno about "user-friendly".

Edit: Maybe BorgBackup.

Last edited by brebs (2016-05-22 16:03:26)

#4 2016-05-22 16:02:42

Marcin

Thank you brebs. It looks interesting. I may come back to ZFS later.

Can I use Borg to backup eg my Home directory and then restore just one file?

Many thanks for your tip.

Last edited by Marcin (2016-05-22 18:43:30)

#5 2016-05-28 00:07:59

WFV

rsync can incremental backup, and yes restore a single file from the backup, or the entire system.

∞ hard times make the strong, the strong make good times, good times make the weak, the weak make hard times ∞

Board footer