You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-19 05:09:42

pjb2357

Corrupt Network Configuration

I recently patched the kernel of two of my arch boxes. Since the patch one of them has not been able to connect to the internet. The two boxes are on the same subnet and I can can see the online one from the offline one, but DNS does not seem to be working for the offline box and the output of ip route seems to be incomplete compared to the online box. There are no errors in either dmesg or journalctl. I've tried rebooting the computer, refreshing my dhcp lease, and switching ethernet jacks. It isn't clear that it was caused directly by the kernel update, and in fact is likely the result of me screwing around with the machine prior to the update. Anyway, without any meaningful errors I'm at a loss for how to proceed. Is it possible to just nuke the network configuration and start over withotu nuking the whole system?

#2 2016-05-19 05:19:13

TheChickenMan

Re: Corrupt Network Configuration

Have you tried downgrading the kernel back to the one that was working?

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#3 2016-05-19 15:05:54

pjb2357

Re: Corrupt Network Configuration

Not yet.  Since I have two machines on the same subnet running the same kernel  and one can connect, my suspicion is that the kernel upgrade caused something that I did on one machine to take effect.  Nonetheless I will try downgrading to see if it has any effect.

Board footer