You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-20 08:03:18

sdamaye

schroot

Hi,

I have installed Lotus Notes in a 32bit chroot following the procedure described here (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?ti … edirect=no) and have mounted a shared directory where I have my Lotus Notes archives, as follows:

$ cat /etc/fstab
[...SNIP...]
# Lotus Notes chroot shared directory
/data/lotus	/opt/arch32/data/lotus	none	bind

I have a strange behavior when it comes to accessing this shared directory. Let me explain:

• If I'm starting Lotus Notes from the chroot as shown below, I can browse the shared directory (/data/lotus/) from LotusNotes and I can see the existing archive files in it. I can even write to this directory.

$ sudo chroot /opt/arch32/
    (chroot) # su myusername
    (chroot) $ /opt/ibm/notes/notes &
  • Now, if I'm starting Lotus Notes with the schroot command (schroot -p /opt/ibm/notes/notes), Lotus Notes is starting, I can browse the /data/lotus/ directory from LotusNotes but it's not showing any archive file in it. If I'm saving a mail to this directory, it's not saving the file

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? I thought of a permission issue but if it would be the case, wouldn't I have the same behavior whatever method I'm using to start LotusNotes? It seems to be more linked to the way I'm using the schroot command, isn't it?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#2 2016-05-20 08:39:25

sdamaye

Re: schroot

Maybe a hint.... If I'm starting Lotus Notes with the schroot command and save a file to /data/lotus/, this file is actually saved to the 2 following directories:

• /run/schroot/mount/Arch32-15e1975f-5b2d-42f6-81a6-2fcc0fd6202a/data/lotus/

• /run/schroot/mount/Arch32-19f84ab2-b177-4591-aa1b-bd4d44c3a02a/data/lotus/

Now, if I'm starting LotusNotes from the chroot directly, the file is saved to the expected location:

• /data/lotus/

And of course, the 2 locations in /run/schroot/mount/... are empty, the reason why LotusNotes doesn't see any archive file when it's started from the schroot command....

Last edited by sdamaye (2016-05-20 08:41:13)

#3 2016-05-20 12:51:58

Lone_Wolf

Maybe you need to put the mount - bind line in  "/etc/schroot/arch32/mount" for schroot to use it ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2016-05-20 13:07:59

sdamaye

Thank you so much @Lone_Wolf, it works with this conf:

cat /etc/schroot/arch32/mount 
# mount.defaults: static file system information for chroots.
# Note that the mount point will be prefixed by the chroot path
# (CHROOT_PATH)
#
# <file system>	<mount point>	<type>	<options>	<dump>	<pass>
proc		/proc		proc	defaults	0	0
/dev		/dev		none	rw,bind		0	0
#/dev/pts	/dev/pts	none	rw,bind		0	0
tmpfs		/dev/shm	tmpfs	defaults	0	0
/sys		/sys		none	rw,bind		0	0
/tmp		/tmp		none	rw,bind		0	0
/home		/home		none	rw,bind		0	0
# Lotus Notes