You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-24 16:00:14

bagol

What's the point of kde kwallet and How to totally disable it?

I feel kde kwallet is kinda annoying. It asking for password when I open browser for the first time after boot. Wow! It even protecting my browser? But then, I hit Esc key and it still allow me to open the browser. Wow! It turned out just want to greet me by asking for password!

What the point of it? How can I totally disable it?

#2 2016-05-24 18:26:48

Fuyune

Re: What's the point of kde kwallet and How to totally disable it?

I am not sure about that since i really like never used KDE but as far as i understand thsi scenario, it asked you to set a password for the wallet itself to protect the passwords stored within this. could be wrong tho, maybe more experienced KDE users can tell for sure

#3 2016-05-24 19:36:58

MartinZ

kwallet integrates itself with some browsers, thus protecting the passwords you save within. As it's not required for the browser to run, if you cancel it will still work perfectly, saving the passwords with its own method. The advantage of kwallet is that it encodes and thus protects your secrets. I agree it may be annoying sometimes, but you can configure it to unlock once for the whole session

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE_Wallet

All your base are belong to us

#4 2016-05-24 19:52:23

Irok

bagol wrote:

I feel kde kwallet is kinda annoying. It asking for password when I open browser for the first time after boot. Wow! It even protecting my browser? But then, I hit Esc key and it still allow me to open the browser. Wow! It turned out just want to greet me by asking for password!

What the point of it? How can I totally disable it?

Hi, the ponit is storage your passwords, you can disable it in system settings, personalization, account details, kde wallet.

****Make a copy of your passwords before*****

If you only want to disable for browser ( I guess the problem is with chromium ) just  edit the app and add to launch chromium  --password-store=basic .

It can not work, so just use kate or what you want and edit or create ~/.config/chromium-flags.conf and add

--password-store=basic

In firefox you must use a addon in order to use the wallet.

I alredy had posted it in the forums.

Meaby you will be interesting in :

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE_Wallet

Last edited by Irok (2016-05-24 19:57:59)

#5 2016-05-24 20:04:48

onslow77

Hello bagol!

I kindly ask that you do not be a Help Vampire!

For example:
Searching with the search term: "how to disable kwallet" returned result that will interest you.

Regards
Martin

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

Board footer