You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-30 23:09:43

Serge2702

Gnome Shell: Annoying behavior with tint2 and rofi

Hello. I'm using Gnome Shell on 2 monitors with tint2 as a taskbar and rofi as a window switcher. I configured tint2 to show all windows from all desktops. The problem is that there is something "wrong" with the window manager of gnome that it causes an annoying behavior that it is not present on other desktops environments, like cinnamon or XFCE. For example, lets say that I open Pidgin on desktop 1,set it to appear on all desktops, and then I switch to desktop 2. Both rofi and tint2 still show that window in desktop 1, despite the fact that now I am on desktop 2 and I still can see it. So if I click Pidgin on tint2 or switch to it using rofi, I'll switch to desktop 1 despite the fact that Pidgin is set to appear on all desktops.

Even worse, I like to use "Workspaces only on primary display", so the windows on my second monitor don't change if I switch to a different workspace on my laptop's screen. If I open a window on desktop 1 and pass it to my second monitor, I'll always switch to that desktop if I select that window using tint2 or rofi, changing all my windows on my primary screen.

Is it possible to fix this behavior? (apart from using cinnamon or XFCE instead).

Board footer