You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-07 13:16:33

devonrevenge

are there precompiled kernels optimised for baytrail CPUs?

I have been trying to install a linux distro that is able to find the built in wifi hardware on an HP stream tablet,

Its all very well installing the drivers, but if the kernel cannot find the hardware theres nothing that can be done other than compiling my own kernel!

kernel compiling proved a little out of scope for me and I hoped that someone has allready done this and made the build public.

#2 2016-06-07 14:14:04

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: are there precompiled kernels optimised for baytrail CPUs?

The title of your post is somewhat conflicting with the content... You're asking for an optimized kernel and also for undisclosed hardware support.  Which is it?  What hardware needs a module?  Is there an aur package?  Is there upstream source code?

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#3 2016-06-08 15:36:12

devonrevenge

its not,

the only answer to the hardware issue that I know you couldnt fix lies in a baytrail optimised CPU!

ie, in the linux kernel config before compile "pinctrl_baytrail = y"

#4 2016-06-08 17:58:30

loqs

devonrevenge wrote:

are there precompiled kernels optimised for baytrail CPUs?

This title might be confusing people as an optimzied kernel tends to mean a kernel built with optimizations for (and will probably only run on ) one speciffic cpu series
PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL

driver for memory mapped GPIO functionality on Intel Baytrail platforms. Supports 3 banks with 102, 28 and 44 gpios. Most pins are usually muxed to some other functionality by firmware, so only a small amount is available for gpio use.
Requires ACPI device enumeration code to set up a platform device.

From the current kernels in core
linux-lts
i686 CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL=y
x86_64 CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL=y
linux
i686 CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL=y
x86_64 CONFIG_PINCTRL_BAYTRAIL=y
Have you not tried running any of these kernels or looking at the configs they use?

Board footer