You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-07 21:40:19

Mitame

Corrupted GPG folder

So, a while ago, i tried to generate a GPG key using DSA instead of RSA (i was bored and i heard it was better). Next thing i knew, GPG had crashed after generating the key and asking for my password and seemed to leave my ~/.gnupg folder in a mess, meaning even gpg --list-keys caused a SEGFAULT.

Because I'm a moron, i forgot to back up my gnupg directory... But i deleted my trustdb.gpg in the hopes that it would start working again, and it did... However, i couldn't access my secret keys (I prob deleted something else, but nothing that i thought would be storing keys). Anyway, i found later that i has a bunch of stuff left in ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d so i tried importing from there into a new gnupg dir. However these seem to be in a different format that GPG doesn't like. So is there any way i can import the keys from this folder into my keyrings so i can actually use them again?

TL;DR I'm an idiot and did something bad in GPG, can i recover using data from ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d?

Last edited by Mitame (2016-06-07 21:41:10)

Board footer