You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-13 11:29:46

HyperLink

[SOLVED] AMDGPU-PRO makes steam windows and games distorted

I uninstalled catalyst yesterday to test the new AMDGPU-PRO beta driver. After installing amdgpu, everything still worked fine. However after installing the pro driver, the steam window gets scrambled. GL games and other windows work fine, only steam and games started through it get this weird distortion. Maybe it has something to do with steamoverlay?
Here is a picture of the steam client, and glxgears: http://i.imgur.com/pNTwCR3.jpg

Can this be fixed?

EDIT: Nope, even after disabling steamoverlay using google image pictures as reference where to click, the distortion stays in games launched from steam.
EDIT2: Interesting. Some steam games (Have tested TIS-100, Infinityfactory) don't have this distortion. Strange. The ones that do are the following: Half-Life, Team Fortress 2 (most likely all valve/source engine games) and The Talos Principle. Sadly most of my games are Source-based so I can't give more results.

Last edited by HyperLink (2016-06-15 14:50:08)

#2 2016-06-13 19:22:37

HyperLink

Re: [SOLVED] AMDGPU-PRO makes steam windows and games distorted

Hmm, so I disabled the steam runtime (I had to install some libraries from the AUR) and then steam crashed my Xserver. O.o
Here is my xorg.log: http://pastebin.com/raw/8N49GNwG

EDIT: Problem fixed, steam loaded the mesa drivers instead of AMD's. Steam is still distorted though
Can anyone help?

Last edited by HyperLink (2016-06-14 11:36:37)

#3 2016-06-15 14:49:49

HyperLink

Re: [SOLVED] AMDGPU-PRO makes steam windows and games distorted

Thanks to Corngood, I figured it out. I had to install the 32-bit libraries for AMDGPU-PRO and then set the library path like so:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/amdgpu-pro/
And also, I had to set STEAM_RUNTIME to 1, otherwise it segfaulted.

Board footer