You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-13 19:46:44

gavsiu

Hibernation fails to resume.

I configured and have a working hibernation.

So I followed the wiki to create the suspend-to-hibernate.service file. As expected, hibernation fails after an RTC wakeup.

Following the forum to copy /usr/lib/systemd/system/suspend.target to /etc/systemd/system/suspend.target and add

Requires=suspend-to-hibernate.service

, my laptop sucessfully resumes from standby and hibernates.

However, I am no longer able to resume from hibernation. When it resumes, it freezes every single time. Resuming from suspend is not an issue. Removing the copied suspend.target restores my ability to resume from hibernation, but that means it won't have delayed hibernation.

Didn't want to necro bump that thread, so I created a new one.

EDIT:
Actually hibernation decided to stop working afterall. It won't resume anymore. Any ideas?

Last edited by gavsiu (2016-06-15 01:49:06)

#2 2016-06-20 16:28:53

paulstelian97

Re: Hibernation fails to resume.

I have noticed some pretty bad performance after resuming from hibernate. The way I work around that is swapoff and swapon.
For some reason the suspend-to-hibernate.service messes up things. Why not tweak hybrid-sleep instead? Do restore the original version of suspend.target (in /etc/ shall be either nothing or a symlink to the /usr one)

#3 2016-07-19 09:30:48

tcp

Re: Hibernation fails to resume.

Can you resume from hibernation if you do it manually with systemctl hibernate? I can and I have a similar problem with the resume from the suspend-to-hibernate  in that I get a underscore character on screen and nothing loads beyond that. This is after the grub menu. It only happens half the time. Sometimes it resumes fully.

I have a Asus UX305. I recently switched from from Debian and it had the same problem. I don't know what to try next.

Board footer