You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-14 06:51:06

daniel712

Printer Profile - Darktable - Gimp

Hi.
My Photo Printer Epson R2880 needs to get profiled, because i do photo editing and printing with color management.
i use the gutenprint driver for it, works really good!
2 questions:

1. i need to print the color measurement sheet for my professional profiling service. They must be print WITHOUT color management to get the printer correct profiled afterwards.
In Darktable there is always an inpunt and output profile active in the development section, i cannot disable this. How can i print in darktable WITHOUT color management?
If it's not possible to disable the in/out profiles, are there 1:1 icc profiles which i could use, that don't change anything on the picture colors? Where can i download those? i just found ISO profles for the different color spaces etc...

If that's not possible, is there another way to print the profiling sheets WITHOUT color management? I tried it over the command line with "lp ..." There should be no color management when i disabled it in ther driver, right?

In Gimp there is also an option to print directly through the gutenprint driver, but gimp has NO option to open the profiling sheet without icc profile??? it alwasys applies its standard working space sRGB to it, although the tif has no profile embedded...

2. Do you know how i can use icc profiles with the gutenprint driver? in the tab "color" i have an option "printer profile" but it doesen't give my any choices... where should the icc profiles for the gutenprint driver be stored in the tree? Or should this be done via the cups interface? Then where should cups icc profiles be stored for the relevant printer?

Thanks so much for helping me to get my color management workflow running...

Daniel.

Last edited by daniel712 (2016-06-14 06:52:09)

Board footer