You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-14 07:06:48

sulaweyo

virt-manager remote connection fails

I just ran into the problem that i can not connect to my remote hosts via TCP+SASL anymore.
The remote servers run on version 1.3.2-3 and as they are heavily used it's not that easy to just upgrade them.
My local virt-manager is version 1.3.2-5 and i as well tried downgrading it to 1.3.2-4 where i'm pretty sure it did still work before.

Unfortunately i can't say when exactly this stopped working as the remote nodes usually just work and the guests are available via ssh anyway. Just now i just wanted to connect as i wanted to do fresh setups.

Unable to connect to libvirt.

authentication failed: Failed to create SASL client context: -7 (invalid parameter supplied)

Verify that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running on the remote host.

Libvirt URI is: qemu+tcp://sledge@<hostname>/system

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 903, in _do_open
    self._backend.open(self._do_creds_password)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 148, in open
    open_flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 105, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: authentication failed: Failed to create SASL client context: -7 (invalid parameter supplied)

At least one other person already stumbled across this even though in a different scenario: https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bug … 28963.html

Did anybody already solve this or has a hint for me?

#2 2016-06-29 05:41:32

sulaweyo

Re: virt-manager remote connection fails

Just as a little update - this issue is still valid with virt-manager 1.4.0-1 and libvirt 1.3.5-1

#3 2016-07-14 05:27:23

sulaweyo

Re: virt-manager remote connection fails

Just checked again after some time and the connections are working again. Not sure which package solved it though. Anyway all back to normal.

Board footer