You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-16 10:58:51

gishten

No SSD detected on Lenovo 710s

I've had some trouble trying to install Arch on my Lenovo 710s and the issue is that the SSD isn't detected, it doesn't show up in lsblk, parted, in /dev/nvme*, nor does dmesg or lspci have anything to say about it. The SSD is detected in UEFI and it runs an included Windows 10 just fine. According to the NVMe wiki page, suppport for NVMe has been natively included since Linux 3.3. My fiddling with the UEFI settings haven't produced any solution. Using an Ubuntu 16.04 live image, the SSD wasn't detected either.

I found a Manjaro post (ignore the title, OP was misinformed, which was corrected after the first reply) about a very similar problem on the same hardware, but without any solution.

So, what do I do? Is there something that I've missed? Is this a bug or should I post a feature request somewhere?

Believe in the Ideal, not the Idol.

#2 2016-07-14 16:27:04

boban_dj

Re: No SSD detected on Lenovo 710s

Hi, maybe you already solved it, but are there any settings in UEFI regarding changing to legacy BIOS boot or changing to AHCI.
Is there only 1 disk in the laptop?

#3 2016-09-14 18:10:37

rosenpin

Re: No SSD detected on Lenovo 710s

It's currently impossible to change to AHCI using the BIOS

Here is a thread regarding the issue from the Lenovo forums

Lenovo employee wrote:

Thank you for confirming it is still not possible to install Linux on ideapad 710s systems.

This issue has been escalated to the Development team. I am unable to offer a timeframe for fix at this stage in the investigation. With previous cases, BIOS fixes have been delivered anywhere from several weeks to several months.

I will post again when I have more information on the investigation.

Board footer