You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-16 14:44:13

whoops

[solved] Android-Studio wants to use MusicBrainz Picard as a debugger?

Hi!

Can someone explain to me, why my android studio decided to integrate musicbrainz picard into my "programming" workflow?

I deleted all android related configuration, updated everything... there's still text on the Android-Studio "desktop" saying: "Drop files here from MusicBrainz Picard" and whenever I click on various debugging or log buttons in the IDE GUI, it opens up Picard. I'm not so sure what android-studio is trying to do because I haven't tried it out before and - surprise - whatever it is, Picard doesn't seem to be equipped to handle the requests... so I never saw what's supposed to happen.

Also this issue might have broken part of my brain. Every time I try to start thinking about how to solve it, my problem solution skills just freeze up and go into an endless WTF-loop.

Any hints?

Last edited by whoops (2016-06-17 19:21:50)

#2 2016-06-17 14:19:22

TheChickenMan

Re: [solved] Android-Studio wants to use MusicBrainz Picard as a debugger?

You might want to check through the default applications lists. Check if there is something in there which calls for picard which doesn't belong. Frustratingly strange problems are always the most interesting. You might want to check this one first:
$HOME/.config/mimeapps.list

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#3 2016-06-17 19:20:32

whoops

Re: [solved] Android-Studio wants to use MusicBrainz Picard as a debugger?

Thanks, I totally forgot that that file still exists and that picard could be put in there (probably by dolphin, cause I used it there once - ages ago)!
Picard was in there because it can accept "inode/directory" (read all music files). Apparently android-studio thinks that means Picard is the go-to application for ANYTHING.

edit: It was KDE that set Picard as default program for everything. Had to change it in KDE settings too.

Last edited by whoops (2016-06-24 14:29:56)

Board footer